1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
My most inexpensive beauty item is probably my Maybelline Great Lash: Lots of Lashes mascara. It’s a great mascara if you need something that’s really cheap. I think it cost me maybe 4 dollars. My most expensive beauty item is my Naked 2 palette, without a doubt. It’s about 50 dollars but it is totally worth it; best eye shadow that I’ve ever had.
2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Probably my eye liner. I use a fantastic gel eye liner that just does wonders for my eyes. It lasts for hours and hours and it never budges or smudges and it looks amazing. However, I hate taking the time to do it and it’s a bitch to fix if I mess up and it sucks having to clean the brush all the time.
3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?
I don’t really have too many delicious beauty products! I guess I’d have to say my EOS lip balms. They are amazing and make my lips really soft. They also taste pretty great, too. My favourite scents are the ‘summer fruit’ and ‘honeysuckle honeydew’.
4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
Well, I really should have an eye cream but I’m too lazy to spend the money on it. I really need to get a lip scrub, too.
5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
My mascara! I have rather small eyes but they’re one of my favourite features! If I have on a good foundation and then some really great mascara, my eyes look bigger and brighter and it just feels great.
6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
Physically, I like someone who takes care of himself and has good hygiene. I like a good smile and good hair. I also really like a bit of stubble.
7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
I would really like the Naked palette and the Naked Basics palette. I also really need some new makeup remover and I love the Urban Decay makeup remover but it’s a little expensive.
This post is a little late, but it’s been a lazy year so far! In 2012, I had discovered a few things for myself that felt like this big revelations when it came to makeup, beauty, and personal maintenance. You might already know some of these things. I mean, I had already heard many of these things myself but I never actually listened until this past year. So, here it goes!
1. A bright lip will change everything. When you have a pretty lipstick on, you feel pretty. If you’re anything like me, you would have thought about wearing a bright lip outside during the day but you never did it because you thought that people would look at you like you’re weird. But you know what? No one will think you’re weird. They will only think you have amazing lips. A really good brand that I rely on for all of my lipstick is Revlon. I adore their red lipstick ‘True Red’
2. Use a base coat for your nail polish! I always thought that a base coat was simply to make your nails strong and that had never worked for me. No matter what base coat I put on, my nails still peeled (it’s all in your genes)! But I soon discovered that when I put on a base coat and then use a highly pigmented nail polish, like a blue or a red, my nails aren’t as stained when I remove it.
3. Use conditioner on the ends of your hair. Trust me, there is no need to put conditioner on your scalp when you are in the shower. The natural oils from your head keep that hair moist and when you put heavy products on it, it’s just overkill. Put conditioner on the hair that doesn’t tough your scalp.
4. Moroccan oil!! I never used Moroccan oil on my hair because it’s so expensive I had only seen the brands at salons and they were all really pricey. But then I discovered that Organix make it and you can buy it at Walmart and drug stores for really cheap! My hair has never been the same.
5. Do NOT spend money on face wash! It’s marketed as being full of stuff that’s going to help with your skin and your face is going to be perfect when you use it. And then they put a really big price on it and sell it and make tons of money. Think about it, the stuff that is in the face wash needs to be on your face for quite a while to work. Face wash is never going to be on your face for that long. Save money and just use a gentle soap to clean your face. As far as face products go, spend money on a good toner (I like Clean&Clear’s Deep Cleaning Astringent) and a good makeup remover (I like Balea’s 3 in 1 Cleansing Cloths).
I’m sure that you’ve seen and heard all about the big, ‘sock’ buns this year. They’re everywhere and I LOVE them! There are a ton of tutorials online about how you can cut the toe off of a sock and use that to make this type of bun (as opposed to going out at buying a piece for it). It’s a great idea but I’ve had some real issues trying to get it work in my hair! My hair is just too long and thick and stubborn to fit over a sock.
So I went out and I bought the tool, the ‘hair doughnut’ and I am in love with it! It’s so worth it if you’re having trouble using a sock. I got mine from Claire’s and it was super cheap. You can get it from their website: HERE
My Favourite Drug Store Makeup:
1. Maybelline Great Lash: Lots of Lashes (mascara)
2. CoverGirl Fresh Complexion (concealer)
3. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse (foundation)
4. Revlon Just Bitten (lip stain and balm)
5. L’oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base (primer)
6. L’oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner (gel eyeliner)
1. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder (face powder)
2. EOS (lip balm)